Monday 28 March 2016

Hint: Use gmail as a to-do list

I have tried a number of to-do lists, and have been sadly disappointed in them all. The problem for me is that they restrict what can be put into them. That is can I add, images, links and formatted notes into a to-do item? My solution is: use GMail drafts. The steps are:

  1. compose a new email without assigning an addressee
  2. give it a meaningful summary subject line prefixed with "ToDo: "
  3. add all the content you need into the subject line
  4. once the item has been complete, remove draft
The benefits to this approach are numerous: they can be read from any device that has access to GMail. They can contain rich content. They are neatly collated into the Drafts GMail folder. FInally, if I need to keep a copy of anything in the email I can choose a variety of methods including: sending completed email to myself, creating a Drive document, or just cutting and pasting relevant information elsewhere.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments.

No comments: